With the recent flux of at-home time, many of us are left with long periods of boredom, various video chat requests, new-found hobbies or recipes, and of course the time to reflect. More people are joining online dating apps, reconnecting with exes or long lost friends, and with that, taking the time to work on their inner-health.
Starting this journey can be overwhelming and finding the right fit among numerous reviews can be a daunting task. Although getting started can be much easier now without the necessity (or ability) to visit doctor office after doctor office, weird wellness studios and sound baths, self-help workshops, or the judgemental isle of self-improvement books you may hate two pages in any way.
Skip the awkward situations and costly mistakes and try out an app tailored to your personal schedule, which these days can change week by week, and opt for commitment-free trials with some of the top-rated therapy apps, meditation platforms, and calming activities all from a device you know better than the back of your own hand: your phone. Below you’ll find 5 apps for mental wellness to check out, try, or share with a friend, family member, or partner.
1. Better Help is an online portal that provides direct-to-consumer access to behavioral health services. The online counseling and therapy services are provided through web-based interaction as well as phone and text communication.
2. Backed by Digg co-founder Kevin Rose, Oak is an entirely free meditation and breathing app designed to slot into your day. If you’ve got just five minutes to spare, the app can help you. Even if you’ve only a few seconds, there’s a chance it could at least calm you down or wake you up a bit.
3. Moodpath is your pocket-sized mental health companion. Whether you are facing a rough patch or have concerns about your mental health, the app’s goal is to support you through the difficult times and guide you to the other side.
4. Calm focuses on the four key areas of meditation, breathing, sleep, and relaxation, with the aim of bringing joy, clarity, and peace to your daily life. The app delivers meditations that can help you to destress, as well as breathing programs, music, and sounds from nature to relax your mind and body and promote better sleep.
5. HeadSpace promotes everyday mindfulness and meditation for stress, anxiety, sleep, focus, fitness, and more. The app promotes just three minutes of minimum dedication per day for impact.
WHO IS FULTON GRACE?
We are one of Chicago’s leading providers of comprehensive real estate services. We are home to an ever-growing team of savvy & reputable local realtors, seasoned property managers, and customer-service oriented staff. Whether you’re looking to find a new home, sell your home, or have your property managed, let us be your trusted real estate advisors.