Saving energy saves you money.
- Clean or replace any filters regularly. Dirty filters make your system work harder and run longer than necessary.
- In the warm months, be sure to close shades, blinds, & drapes to help keep your home cooler and reduce the use of your air conditioning. Keep shades open during the cool months to let the sun warm your home.
- Every time you peek into your oven while cooking or baking, the temperature goes down by 25° F, making your oven use more energy to bring it back to your set temp.
- Make sure to use natural light whenever possible. This reduces so much energy use! Be sure to turn off lights in rooms you aren’t in, and avoid leaving lights on when leaving the home.
- Use your clothing washer/dryer and dishwasher later in the evening. This will keep your home cooler and place less strain on power grid during peak hours.
Keep in mind, these are just a few tips to help your wallet and energy footprint.
Be mindful of how much energy you use in your home!
Looking for homes in Chicago? Click here.
About Fulton Grace: Fulton Grace Realty is one of Chicago’s leading providers of comprehensive real estate services. We are home to an ever-growing team of savvy & reputable local realtors, seasoned property managers, and customer-service oriented staff. Whether you’re looking to find a new home, sell your home, or have your property managed, let us be your trusted real estate advisors.